"The open source R&D of Hadoop is carried out by companies such as Yahoo!, Facebook, eBay, Criteo, and publishers. Web, mobile, social networks, Machine To Machine and soon Internet of Things... Our future, governed by the analysis of tens of téra-octets, paves the way for Hadoop."
This white paper gives you the keys to integrate Hadoop, following your company's scale and involving all the relevant stakeholders: from Data Scientists to technical architects including production and functional teams.
Will you take the plunge and integrate Hadoop in your IS?
About this publication
Hadoop came into being at a parti- cular moment: during the emergence of Big Data. Fostered by the Giants of the Web, it radically breaks away from traditional market software and databases.
Through this white paper, our experts will give you all the aspects relative to this new platform:
- Details on Hadoop's technical foundation
- The understanding of its ecosystem in perpetual evolution
- Best practices to integrate Hadoop into an information system.
Table of contents
WHAT IS HADOOP?
- The origins
- Hadoop and Big Data a question of opportunities
- Hadoop's genes
THE TECHNICAL FOUNDATION OF HADOOP
- HDFS, a distributed file system
- MapReduce, a distributed algorithm
- Beyond HDFS and MapReduce
- Open source, publishers and governance
- Hadoop in the clouds: the cloud stakeholders
- The software ecosystem
HADOOP IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- What organization is needed to implement Hadoop clusters?
- The adoption process
- The physical infrastructure
HADOOP TODAY AND TOMORROW
- As soon as now
- Tomorrow morning
- Tomorrow and the coming months
- In the near future